TP-Link Product Security Advisory
Protecting our customers from threats to their security is always an important task for TP-Link. As a key player in global Networking and Smart Home markets, we will do our utmost to provide our users with secure stable products and services, and to strictly protect the privacy and security of their data.
We welcome and encourage all reports related to product security or user privacy. We will follow established processes to address them and provide timely feedback.
Report Vulnerabilities to TP-Link
We strongly encourage organizations and individuals to contact TP-Link’s security team to report any potential security issue.
|Template||Potential vulnerability report template|
|Hours||TP-Link will endeavor to respond to the report within five working days.|
|PGP Public Key||Click to download|
TP-Link will need to obtain detailed information about the reported vulnerability to more accurately and quickly begin the verification process. We strongly recommend submitting a vulnerability report according to the template we provide above.
TP-Link supports encrypted messages using Pretty Good Privacy (PGP)/GNU Privacy Guard (GPG) encryption software.
Responsible Reporting Guidelines
1. All parties to a vulnerability disclosure should comply with the laws of their country or region.
2. Vulnerability reports should be based on the latest released firmware, and preferably written in English.
3. Report vulnerabilities through the dedicated communication channel. TP-Link may receive reports from other channels but does not guarantee that the report will be acknowledged.
4. Adhere to data protection principles at all times and do not violate the privacy and data security of TP-Link's users, employees, agents, services or systems during the vulnerability discovery process.
5. Maintain communication and cooperation during the disclosure process and avoid disclosing information about the vulnerability prior to the negotiated disclosure date.
6. TP-Link is not currently operating a vulnerability bounty program.
How TP-Link Deals with Vulnerabilities
Awareness & Receipt
TP-Link encourages customers, vendors, independent researchers, security organizations, etc. to proactively report any potential vulnerabilities to the security team. At the same time, TP-Link will proactively obtain information about vulnerabilities in TP-Link products from the community, vulnerability repositories and various security websites. In order to be aware of vulnerabilities as soon as they are discovered.
TP-Link will respond to vulnerability reports as soon as possible, usually within five business days.
TP-Link Security will work with the product team to perform a preliminary analysis and validation of the report to determine the validity, severity and impact of the vulnerability. We may contact you if we need more information about the reported vulnerability.
Once the vulnerability has been identified, we will develop and implement a remediation plan to provide a solution for all affected customers.
Remediation typically takes up to 90 days and in some cases may take longer.
You can keep up to date with our progress and the completion of any remediation activities.
TP-Link will issue a security advisory when one or more of the following conditions are met:
1. The severity of the vulnerability is rated CRITICAL by the TP-Link security team and TP-Link has completed the vulnerability response process and sufficient mitigation solutions are available to assist customers in eliminating all security risks.
2. If the vulnerability has been actively exploited and is likely to increase the security risk to TP-Link customers, or if the vulnerability is likely to increase public concern about the security of TP-Link products, TP-Link will expedite the release of a security bulletin about the vulnerability, which may or may not include a full firmware patch or emergency fix.
Click to submit a security-related inquiry regarding one of our products to TP-Link Technical Support.
Buletine de securitate
 Despre vulnerabilitatea Spring Framework RCE
 Despre vulnerabilitatea Spring Framework RCE
 Security Advisory for KCodes NetUSB Vulnerabilities
 Statement on Apache Log4j2 Vulnerability
 Fragment and Forge vulnerabilities(FragAttacks) Statement
 RE365 Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
 GhostDNS Malware Security
 Vulnerabilitate de exploatare remote
 Notice of Fraudulent and non-TP-Link Affiliated Websites
 VPNFilter Malware Security
 Fix for vulnerabilities of TL-WR740N & TL-WR940N
 Declarație despre vulnerabilitatea securității WPA2 (KRACKs)
From United States?
Get products, events and services for your region.