Download for TL-ER7206
- How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway in standalone mode?
- How to use the Emergency Mode to recovery the firmware for Omada Gateways?
- Why can’t my Mac access the remote network after connecting to the VPN server of the Omada Gateway?
- How to add an Omada Gateway to the network?
- What should I do when the Omada Software Controller (V4) fails to discover the devices?
- How to setup your SafeStream router in standalone mode?
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. （Normally V1.x=V1）
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device?
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|Published Date: 2021-03-03||Language: English||File Size: 16.76 MB|
This firmware is fully adapted to the Omada SDN platform but only compatible with Omada controller v4.1.5 or above.
If you are using an old Omada controller and plan to upgrade firmware for EAP, then you must upgrade the Omada controller as well. Please follow Upgrade Guide to upgrade the Omada Controller.
1. Support to configure the L2TP VPN Server and IPsec site on the same WAN port.
2. Change the detection mechanism of the “Block Ping of Death” function in the firewall, remove the packet limit of fewer than 64 Bytes.
3. Optimize the Online Detection and DNS proxy mechanisms to improve the network stability for scenarios where the front-end device has a Disconnection Alert function.
4. Optimize for scenarios where the Omada SDN Controller is accessed via the cloud when Portal is enabled.
5. Improve the compatibility of IKEv2 VPN, and the stability of L2TP over IPsec VPN.
6. Improve the network stability when the static IP address is changed in multi-WAN mode.
1. Fix the bug that the DHCP Server may down under special circumstances.
2. Fix the bug that the WAN connection may down when multi-network and VPN are configured.
3. Fix the bug that the router doesn’t forward data for up to 2 minutes when the L2TP VPN Client is connected.
4. Fix the bug that the Omada SDN Controller alerts incompatible devices.
5. Fix the bug that CPU and memory usage data are not correctly displayed in the Statistics functions of the Omada SDN Controller.
6. Fix the bug that the router occasionally generates the wrong routing table for the DNS server.
1. For ER7206(TL-ER7206) v1 only.
2. Your device’s configuration won’t be lost after upgrading.
3. This firmware is applied to the Omada APP of version 3.0.x or above.
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.