Download for RE400
How to Setup a TP-Link Range Extender via the Tether App (2019)
This video will take you through the process of setting up a TP-Link range extender using the TP-Link Tether app, available for your iOS or Android deviceMore Fold
How to setup a TP-Link Range Extender -WPS- (2018)
Updated video on how to use the WPS feature to setup your range extender. (us)More Fold
How to setup a Range Extender -Web- (2019)
An updated video on how to setup a Range Extender using the web GUIMore Fold
- How to improve my wireless speed or range
- How to efficiently improve success rate of WPS
- How to configure my Range Extender via Web GUI (new-designed blue UI) to extend an existing wireless network’s coverage
- How to setup Access Point Mode of Range Extender
- How to Adjust the Range Extender's Wi-Fi Coverage (blue UI)
- How to Change Wireless Settings of the Extended Networks (blue UI)?
- How to Connect Your Wireless Devices to the Range Extender via WPS as AP mode (Blue UI)
- How to Set Up the Range Extender as an Access Point? (Blue UI
- How to upgrade the firmware of TP-Link Range Extender (new designed blue UI)
- How to set up system time of Dual Band Range Extender (new logo)
- How to confirm whether my range extender is successfully configured and in the best location
- How to place your wireless Range Extender for optimal reception and performance
- Most frequently asked questions about TP-Link range extenders
- What should I do if the range extender cannot find my host network?
- How to check whether my Range Extender is using the same SSID with my Router
- How to Boost Your Wi-Fi Signal
- What should I do if my range extender does not extend the Wi-Fi coverage?
- Fix Unstable Connection on the Range Extender by Changing Router Advanced Features
- What can I do if my client can’t roam between my wireless router and TP-Link AP & Range Extender product?
- What's the solution if my TP-Link range extender can't connect to my router properly?
- My devices are connected to the range extender but no network access
- Different Application Scenarios to use the TP-Link dual band range extender
- How to configure High Speed Mode in my dual band Range Extender (new-designed blue UI)
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. （Normally V1.x=V1）
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|Published Date: 2017-08-04||Language: English||File Size: 5.24 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
Enable the DFS function for the hardware of US and CA version.
|Published Date: 2017-08-04||Language: English||File Size: 4.89 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
|Published Date: 2017-08-04||Language: English||File Size: 4.74 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1. For RE400(US) V1
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
- TP-Link Tether
TP-Link Tether provides the easiest way to access and manage your network with your iOS or Android devices. Learn more about TP-Link Tether and Compatible Devices
Note: To use Tether, please update your router’s firmware to the latest version.
1. This Emulator is a virtual web GUI where you can program your TP-Link product firmware. For details about an individual product’s features and specifications please use the search facility and go to the product page.
2. Please check the firmware version corresponds to the version shown on the Emulator interface. Each firmware version has its own GUI and functionality.
3. Please note that not all firmware versions are represented on the Emulator.