How to add a range extender to an EasyMesh network as a satellite device using WPS
EasyMesh routers and range extenders can work together to form one unified seamless Wi-Fi network, that you can move through with ease and without an interruption in your connection.
Note: Routers and Range extenders must be compatible with EasyMesh or OneMesh™. A Firmware upgrade may be required in order to use EasyMesh services. Visit https://www.tp-link.com/easymesh/product-list/ for a complete list of EasyMesh-compatible devices.
Follow these steps to add a Range extender as a satellite node.
1. Visit http://tplinkwifi.net and log in with your TP-Link ID or the password you set for the range extender.
2. Click on Advanced > EasyMesh. Check to ensure EasyMesh is enabled. If not then enable it.
3. Plug in the extender next to the main router.
4. Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the main router and on then on the range extender. Wait until the WPS process is complete.
5. The range extender should now be added. You can confirm by looking at the satellite device list at the bottom of the EasyMesh screen.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.