How to upgrade firmware of Wi-Fi Extender+
To keep your Wi-Fi Extender+ or other Smart Home devices working at peak performance and up-to-date with all the latest improvement or important fixes, we recommend that you update the firmware when updates are available. You can perform firmware upgrade on a computer or directly via the Kasa app.
Here takes RE270K as demonstration.
To update firmware via Kasa:
1. Tap the (navigation drawer) and then Settings.
2. Tap Firmware Update.
3. Within the Firmware Update screen, devices that have available update are shown by device type group. Tap Update and confirm at the prompt.
It is important to leave the Kasa app running while it finishes updating the Wi-Fi Extender+. Try not to minimize the app, close the app, or interrupt the update to prevent problems.
To upgrade firmware via a computer:
Before upgrading the firmware of the Wi-Fi Extender+, visit www.tp-link.com/support to search for and download the latest firmware to your computer.
1. Launch a web browser and enter http://tplinkrepeater.net into the URL field, then log in using the admin credentials.
2. Under the Settings tab, go to System Tools > Firmware Upgrade.
3. Click to locate and select the downloaded firmware file.
4. Click to start upgrading the firmware.
Backup and Restore
It is highly recommended to back up your current configurations on a regular basis, before factory resetting, or firmware upgrading. In the case of network failure or poor Wi-Fi performance, you will be able to restore the Wi-Fi Extender+ to its previous state.
Note: Please DO NOT unplug the Wi-Fi Extender+ or interrupt the backup or restore process.
1. Connect your computer to the Wi-Fi Extender+ via a wired or wireless connection.
2. Launch a web browser and enter http://tplinkrepeater.net into the URL field, then log in using the admin credentials.
3. Under the Settings tab, go to System Tools > Backup & Restore.
4. Under the Backup section, click to save a copy of your current configuration as a binary (*.bin) file to your computer.
Note: Make sure you save the backup file in a safe location where you can retrieve it when needed.
To restore the Wi-Fi Extender+ to its previous state:
1. Under the Settings tab, go to System Tools > Backup & Restore.
2. Under the Restore section, click to locate and select the saved binary (*.bin) file.
3. Click to start the restore process.
Note: The restore process takes a few minutes to complete. DO NOT unplug the Wi-Fi Extender+ or interrupt the restore process. After reverting back to a previous state is finished, the Wi-Fi Extender+ will automatically reboot.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.