TP-Link® Introduces the World's First AV2000/AC1200 Powerline
BARCELONA, Spain — Jan. 23, 2017 TP-Link®, a leading global provider of consumer and business networking products, today announced the AV2000 Gigabit Powerline AC Wi-Fi Kit TL-WPA9610. With the first powerline product in the world to simultaneously deliver AV2000 via powerline and AC1200 via Wi-Fi, it fulfills the most demanding networking tasks throughout the home. Along with the latest innovations in their smartphone, smart home and home networking portfolios, the AV2000 Gigabit Powerline AC Wi-Fi Kit TL-WPA9610 will be unveiled at winter's Mobile World Congress, which will run from Feb. 27-March 2 in Barcelona, and will be available in Spanish retailers by spring 2017.
Today's typical home looks something like this: a living room television streaming the latest season of a hit drama series, a bedroom laptop broadcasting a video chat with family abroad, a family room game console deep in another live multiplayer matchup, and several smartphones and tablets browsing, sending and posting as they move from room to room. Simply put, the modern home needs a faster network for more devices at the same time. Luckily, the TL-WPA9610 delivers exactly that, supporting any router with a host of industry-leading features.
Wired and Wireless Speed Like Never Before
The TL-WPA9610 connects the network to the world's first product with both AV2000 and AC1200 speeds. For wired devices, it takes advantage of the HomePlug AV2 standard to support data transfer rates of up to 2000Mbps. At such high speeds, wired devices such as consoles, computers and digital media players can effortless stream 4K video. For the home's wired devices, dual band ac Wi-Fi delivers up to 1167Mbps. 300Mbps 2.4GHz is ideal for web browsing, emailing and social media posting, while 867Mbps 5GHz enables HD streaming and lag-free gaming.
Designed for Stability and Ease
The TL-WPA9610 is meant to open your entire home to the network, so it features technologies to achieve this with peace of mind. 2×2 MIMO with beamforming establishes simultaneous connections to enjoy higher powerline speeds and greater stability, so rooms farther away from the router can finally connect through its power outlet.
To provide the easiest setup and management, Wi-Fi Auto-Sync combines two technologies for a simple, smart network. Pressing the Wi-Fi Clone button instantly copies your network name (SSID) and password from your router for easy setup. Wi-Fi Move automatically applies any settings changes across the network. A true all-for-one, on-for-all solution for simple network management.
"Our Powerline devices are well-received for their impressive performance in delivering wired and Wi-Fi data throughout the home's electrical wiring, and the TL-WPA9610 is our latest advancement," explained Kevin Wang, Head of TP-Link Europe. "By combining the fastest powerline speeds and robust ac Wi-Fi, it gives every device in the home access to make full use of the network."
- AC1200 dual band extends up to 1167Mbps* Wi-Fi speeds over 2.4GHz (300Mbps) and 5GHz (867Mbps) bands to every room of your home
- HomePlug AV2 standard supports high-speed data transfer rates of up to 2000Mbps**, supporting all your online needs
- Gigabit Ethernet ports enable lightning-fast wired connections for game consoles, desktops and IPTVs
- Line-Neutral/Line-Ground 2×2 MIMO with Beamforming establishes multiple simultaneous connections for you to enjoy higher powerline speeds and greater stability to hard-to-reach power outlets
- Wi-Fi Clone button automatically copies the network name (SSID) and password of your router with a single touch
- Wi-Fi Auto-Sync uses Wi-Fi Clone and Wi-Fi Move for the easiest network management possible
- tpPLC utility and tpPLC mobile app make it easy to personalize and management your network
- Supports 802.11ac and backwards-compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n