How to configure the Family Time feature on a TP-Link Router/Deco
This Article Applies to:
Pause the internet with one tap. Family time lets you enjoy a nice dinner, or share a fun movie with your family together. Family Time is for HomeShield Pro users only. See How to subscribe to TP-Link HomShield Pro for detailed instructions.
Before you start:
- You should have a TP-Link HomeShield router and have an iOS device running iOS 9 or later, or an Android device running Android 4.2 or later.
- You have downloaded and installed the TP-Link Tether app/ TP-Link Deco app on your device.
Follow the steps below to set up this feature:
Note: In this article, we will take the Tether app as an example to illustrate the configuration.
- Select the desired TP-Link HomeShield router and log in. Tap the HomeShield menu at the bottom. If you haven’t bound this router to your TP-Link ID, bind it to use the HomeShield service.
- On the Parental Controls card, tap More> to enter the My Family page. Tap Family Time to enable this feature.
- Set the time duration you want to have your family together without internet distractions. By default, it is 2 hours. Add devices of the family member who you want to cut the internet.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
From United States?
Get products, events and services for your region.