How to configure basic wireless settings of my TP-Link EAP in Standalone mode?
If you are using the Omada Controller to manage the EAP, please refer to How to configure basic wireless settings of my TP-Link EAP via Omada Controller?
- If it is the first time to install and configure your EAP devices, please refer to the Setup Video instead for more detailed guidance.
- To learn the difference between the two configuration modes. Please refer to the setup-video A Quick Overview of EAP Management Methods.
In Standalone Mode, there are two easy methods to configure the basic wireless settings. Here we take EAP245_V3 as demonstration:
Method 1---Via Omada App
- Connect your mobile device to the EAP’s Wi-Fi network and launch the Omada App.
- Locate to Standalone APs, the EAP will appear on the Standalone APs page.
- Tap on the EAP device you want to configure, enter the username and password of the EAP that you set in the initial installation to log in.
- Then tap the settings icon on the upper right corner, click SSID configure the wireless settings. You can tap the existing SSID to modify the wireless settings, OR tap the “+” icon on the right bottom corner to add a new SSID.
Here we tap the existing SSID, customize the SSID, select Security as WPA/WPA2-Personal and create the Security Key (wireless password) to secure the Wi-Fi.
5. If your EAP is dual-band, remember to configure the SSID of the 5GHz band in the same way. After you change the settings for both 2.4G and 5G, remember to Save the changes and reconnect to the Wi-Fi network you just set. Enjoy surfing the Internet.
Method 2---Via Web Browser
- Log into the Web GUI of the EAP. If you don’t know how to do that, please refer to How do I login to the web management page of the EAP Series products (Standalone mode)?
- After you login, choose the menu Wireless > Wireless Settings . Click 2.4GHz or 5GHz to choose a frequency band on which the SSID will be changed.
Tips: When you change 2.4G SSID or password, we suggest you connect to 5GHz SSID and login the web GUI to change it, vice versa.
3. In the SSIDs section, you can click Edit icon to modify the wireless settings of the existing SSID, OR tap the “+ Add” icon on the upper bottom corner to add a new SSID.
Here we click Edit icon, customize the SSID, select Security as WPA-Personal and create the Wireless Password to secure the Wi-Fi.
4. If your EAP is dual-band, remember to configure the SSID of the 5GHz band in the same way. The configurations for editing the SSID will take effect immediately, reconnect to the Wi-Fi network you just set and enjoy surfing the Internet.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Download Center to download the manual of your product.
Is this faq useful?
Your feedback helps improve this site.
From United States?
Get products, events and services for your region.