Download for TL-WA820RE
- Product Overview
- How to adjust Wi-Fi coverage of TP-Link Range Extender (new logo)
- How to check Internet status of 11N Range Extender (new logo)
- How to configure my 11N Range Extender via Web GUI (new logo)
- How to configure wireless network of 11N Range Extender (new logo)
- How to control LEDs of 11N Range Extender (new logo)
- How to set Access Control of 11N Range Extender (new logo)
- How to set up system time of 11N Range Extender (new logo)
- How to upgrade the firmware of 11N Range Extender (new logo)
- How to configure Range Extender via Tether APP
- How to check whether my Range Extender is using the same SSID with my Router
- How to Boost Your Wi-Fi Signal
- What should I do if my range extender does not extend the Wi-Fi coverage?
- My devices are connected to the range extender but no network access
- How to log into the Web GUI of my brand new 11N Range Extender (new logo)?
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
- Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty. （Normally V1.x=V1）
How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device
- Do NOT turn off the power during the upgrade process, as it may cause permanent damage to the product.
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during firmware upgrade process, it's recommended to upload firmware with wired connection unless there is no LAN/Ethernet port on your TP-Link device.
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before the upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before the upgrade.
|Published Date: 2018-04-13||Language: Multi-language||File Size: 4.10 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes
|Published Date: 2017-02-08||Language: English, Multi-language||File Size: 4.09 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:1. Fixed the spelling mistake in the Access Control when log in the Web UI after configure the blacklist by using Tether.
2. Added the rule that the LED doesn't flicker when the front AP is turned off.
1. For TL-WA820RE(EU) V1.
|Published Date: 2017-01-20||Language: English||File Size: 4.09 MB|
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1. Added the QR code of the TP-LINK Tether APP in the Web page.
1. For TL-WA820RE(EU) V1.
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
- TP-Link Tether
TP-Link Tether provides the easiest way to access and manage your network with your iOS or Android devices. Learn more about TP-Link Tether and Compatible Devices
Note: To use Tether, please update your TP-Link device's firmware to the latest version.
1. This Emulator is a virtual web GUI where you can program your TP-Link product firmware. For details about an individual product’s features and specifications please use the search facility and go to the product page.
2. Please check the firmware version corresponds to the version shown on the Emulator interface. Each firmware version has its own GUI and functionality.
3. Please note that not all firmware versions are represented on the Emulator.
From United States?
Get products, events and services for your region.