How to Set Up the Whole Network of Gateway, Switches, and EAPs Using Omada SDN Controller
This video will demonstration how to do a full configuration with TP-Link Omada products including gateway, switches and EAPs. As an example, we are going to build the wired and wireless networks from scratch at our TP-Link Office. The setup consists of 7 steps:
Step 1. Log in to the Controller
Step 2. Adopt Devices
Step 3. View Dashboard and Menus
Step 4. Set up WAN
Step 5. Set up LAN and VLANs
Step 6. Set up Wi-Fi
Step 7. Set up ACL
Feature Filter: AllConfiguration GuideUser Application RequirementFurther AssistanceTroubleshootingWhen You Set Up
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
New Features & Enhancements:
Fully adapted to Omada Controller v5.6, with the following features supported:
1. Jumbo Frame;
3. Flow Control (802.3x);
4. Loopback Detection VLAN-Based;
5. LACP (802.3ad);
6. DHCP L2 Relay;
7. Time-Based ACL;
8. MAC address format customization for 802.1X.
1. Fixed the bug that frequent topology changes of MSTP may cause the switch to crash.
2. Fixed the bug of slowly increasing memory usage.
1. For TL-SG3452(UN) V1 and V1.6
2. This firmware is fully adapted to Omada SDN Controller v5.6 and above.
1. Optimize the switching performance.
2. Fix the bug that traffic statistics were not working.
1. For TL-SG3452(UN) 1.0.
2. This firmware is applied to Omada APP of version 3.0.x or above. 3. Please upgrade the switch to the middle firmware Build 20210407 first before upgrading to this firmware or later one.
1. Add ethertype value for switch ACL (Controller mode).
2. Add Switch Status in the Insight list (Controller mode).
3. Optimize the configuration logic for Switch STP and loopback detection function (Controller mode).
4. Add PoE utilization card in the Dashboard (Controller mode).
5. Add switch S/N information at Devices-Details-Overview (Controller mode).
6. Fully adapt to Omada SDN controller 4.3.5
1. For TL-SG3452(UN) 1.0 only
2. This firmware is only compatible with Omada controller v4.1.5 or above.
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
TP-Link Omada lets you configure settings, monitor network status and manage clients, all from the convenience of a smart phone or tablet. Learn more about Compatible Devices.
SDN switch/router is compatible with Omada App only in controller mode.
To use Omada, please update your device's firmware to the latest version.
Cookie SettingsAccept All Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be deactivated in your systems.