A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
Modifications and Bug Fixes
1. Add the support of DNS proxy based TCP;
2. Add multi WANs selection for NAT/Policy Routing/primary WAN of Link Backup;
3. Add Only, Priority two modes for Policy Routing feature;
4. Add two sub-modes of Failover mode for Link Backup feature;
5. Enhance contents of System Log module;
6. Enhance the stability of the router;
7. IP-MAC Binding entries will no longer take effect when ARP Spoofing Defense is disabled.;
8. Web filtering changes to case-insensitive;
9. DDNS can create entries for different domain names with the same account;
10. Fix the issue that DHCP server will hang when modifying it after assigning IP to clients with the same name.
11. Fix the issue that the WAN opens multiple ports by default.
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1. Enhanced the stability of Load Balance and dial-up from WAN.
2. Enhanced the bandwidth control.
3. Add the bulk import option in ARP scanning.
4. Fix the Security hole like zero-day and dnsmasq.
5. Fix the problem of Virtual Server can't open the same port for multi-WAN.
6. Fix the problem of data stop transmit from LAN to WAN after changing LAN IP and reboot.
7. Fix the problem of DDNS issue.
8. Fix the problem of static routing via LAN interface.
9. Enhanced the performance of CPU usage.
For TL-R480T+(UN) V9
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
1. This Emulator is a virtual web GUI where you can program your TP-Link product firmware. For details about an individual product’s features and specifications please use the search facility and go to the product page.
2. Please check the firmware version corresponds to the version shown on the Emulator interface. Each firmware version has its own GUI and functionality.
3. Please note that not all firmware versions are represented on the Emulator.
Cookie SettingsAccept All Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be deactivated in your systems.