User Interface improvements Bug Fixed:
1. Fix: COMODO security software will cause Initialization failure of the Omada Controller
2. Fix: Logo picture with transparent background will become black when uploaded in portal login page.
1. To use Omada Controller 2.5.x added new features, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.
2. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT able to downgrade to an earlier version.
3. Portal configuration will be lost after upgraded to Controller 2.5.X from 2.4.X or earlier version.
How to Set up a TP-Link EAP via Web browser
This video will demonstrate how to set up a TP-Link EAP via a web browser. The setup consists of three steps:
1. Connect the EAP to the network
2. Log into the EAP (via a wired/wireless connection)
3. Change the default SSID
This video is suitable for users with a small number (1-3) of EAPs .
Feature Filter: AllUser Application RequirementQ&A of functional explanation or specification parametersConfiguration GuideTroubleshooting
A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
1.Support configuring DNS on Static IP mode.
2.Change the prefix of the default SSID from TP-LINK to TP-Link.
3.Display hardware version on the monitor page.
4.Fixed the bug that only the first three Predefine Country under the Daylight Saving is available to be selected.
5.Fixed the bug that the 2.4G radio stops working in congested RF environment.
6.Fixed the bug that the web server hangs up if the Host field of the HTTP GET URL has no ":" character.
Controller Managed Mode:
1.Support Facebook Portal Authentication，SMS Portal Authentication and Local User Authentication.
2.Support Rate Limit and Traffic Limit in Voucher Portal Authentication and Local User Portal Authentication.
3.Support configuring DNS on Static IP mode.
4.Support binding different SSID with different Portal Authentication.
5.Support creating up to four Radius server list in Portal authentication.
6.External Portal URL supports subdirectory, for example https://portal.demo.com/1.
7.Radius password supports special characters.
8.Fixed the bug that the portal page fails to be redirected to when the Controller's http port is changed.
9.Fixed the bug that the EAP will reboot when some XiaoMi/Samsung phones connect to the Portal network.
10.Fixed the bug that the 2.4G radio stops working in congested RF environment.
11.Fixed the bug that the page chaos on the EAP Controller when upgrade the EAP Controller from the earlier version(v2.3.x).
1. For EAP120(EU)
2. Your device's configuration won't be lost after upgrading
Recommended Controller Software Version: Omada Controller v 2.4.x
1. Add Management VLAN, only the host which in the same VLAN as EAP can manage it.
2. Add restart command in SSH.
3. Optimize the captive portal authentication. After Omada Controller offline, under Hotspot and External Portal Server mode, the authenticated users won't be affected, while other users can't get authenticated.
1. For EAP120 (EU)_V1
2. Your device's configuration won't be lost after upgrading.
1.Improve stability of the EAP120
2.Fixed the bug that you cannot add Group Member when the MAC Group name contains any blank spaces.
3.Fixed the bug that the MAC Group cannot associated with the SSID which contains any blank spaces.
1. You cannot downgrade to UN firmware with cluster mode anymore but can only upgrade to EU firmware after update.
2. Transmission power is compliant with CE.
3. If you upgrade this firmware, please also upgrade your EAP Controller to EAP Controller V2.4.4 or higher version.
4. Your device's configuration won't be lost after upgrading.
1. Optimize access control, RSSI filter, clients statistic and log functions.
2. Optimize the inform mechanism between EAP and EAP controller.
3. Improve stability of the EAP120.
1.For EAP120(UN) V1.
2.Support EAP Controller V2.2.3 but cannot work with EAP Controller V2.0.3.
3.Your device's configuration won't be lost after upgrading.
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
Cookie SettingsAccept All Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be deactivated in your systems.