A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1. Fixed the problem that the HTTPS websites can be visited before passing the Facebook Portal authentication.
2. Added the Hidden SSID function.
3. Added the support for HTTPS management page.
4. Fixed the problem that the CAP might not get re-connected to the AC controller after disconnection.
5. Fixed the problem that the web page may crash during wireless scanning.
6. Fixed the problem that the HTTPS management page is not supported in Chrome.
7. Fixed the problem that what's App, Facebook can communicate properly on client devices before passing the portal authentication.
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1.Now the "Client IP Address" can be shown in the "Client Status".
2.Update the TDDP version.
3.Improve the stability performance when too many wireless clients are connected at the same time.
4.Fixed the bug that the LED may blink incorrectly when updating the firmware in FIT mode.
5.Fixed the bug that the device may drop offline when processing the abnormal client hello packets.
1. Add Facebook Portal, SMS Portal, Voucher Authentication in FIT mode.
2. Support binding the portal with the SSID in FIT mode.
3. Add Rate Limit and Traffic Limit for the guest in FIT mode.
4. Improve the stability and performance.
1. For CAP1750_v1.
2. To use this CAP's new firmware, please upgrade the Wireless Controller to the latest firmware first.
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
Cookie SettingsAccept All Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be deactivated in your systems.