A firmware update can resolve issues that the previous firmware version may have and improve its current performance.
IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, please read the following before proceeding with the upgrade process
Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1. Added the Hidden SSID function.
2. Fixed the problem that the HTTPS request will be passed before passing the Facebook Portal authentication.
3. Fixed the problem that modifying the configuration of DHCP server may make the server work improperly if clients having the same name obtain an IP.
4. Fixed the problem that the new username and old username cannot be the same when modifying the accounts.
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1.Now the "Client IP Address" can be shown in the "Client Status".
2. Fixed some bugs related to SMS authentication.
3. Fixed some bugs related to radius authentication.
4. Improved the security mechanism.
1. For AC50(UN) 1.0
2. When you see the SYS LED is flashing slowly and the web page becomes stuck during the upgrading, please allow a few minutes for the firmware to upgrade on your AC50 and DO NOT cut off the power. Otherwise, the device might be damaged.
To Use Third Party Firmware In TP-Link Products
Some official firmware of TP-Link products can be replaced by the third party firmware such as DD-WRT. TP-Link is not obligated to provide any maintenance or support for it, and does not guarantee the performance and stability of third party firmware. Damage to the product as a result of using third party firmware will void the product's warranty.
Open Source Code For Programmers (GPL)
Please note: The products of TP-Link partly contain software code developed by third parties, including software code subject to the GNU General Public Licence (“GPL“), Version 1/Version 2/Version 3 or GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL"). You may use the respective software condition to following the GPL licence terms.
You can review, print and download the respective GPL licence terms here. You receive the GPL source codes of the respective software used in TP-Link products for direct download and further information, including a list of TP-Link software that contain GPL software code under GPL Code Center.
The respective programs are distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the respective GNU General Public License for more details.
1. This Emulator is a virtual web GUI where you can program your TP-Link product firmware. For details about an individual product’s features and specifications please use the search facility and go to the product page.
2. Please check the firmware version corresponds to the version shown on the Emulator interface. Each firmware version has its own GUI and functionality.
3. Please note that not all firmware versions are represented on the Emulator.
Cookie SettingsAccept All Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be deactivated in your systems.